by Tarla Dalal
Added to 432 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25616 times
Creamy, smooth and heavenly.
- Dissolve the cornflour in 1/4 cup of cold milk. Keep aside.
- Dissolve the saffron in 2 tablespoons of warm milk. Keep aside.
- Place the rest of the milk in a heavy bottomed pan and bring it to a boil. Add the sugar and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the dissolved cornflour and simmer for another 5 minutes while stirring continuously, till it is of a coating consistency.
- Remove from the fire and allow it to coool completely.
- Add the thandai flavouring to the milk. Strain the mixture through a sieve.
- Add the cream and dissolved saffron to the milk mixture. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow freezer proof dish and freeze till slushy.
- Remove and whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Freeze again until firm for about 4 to 6 hours.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||383.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||19.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.