Tava Cheese Burger,by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 381 times
Imagine a burger cooked in total desi style – well, that’s what the Tava Cheese Burger is. Buttered and tava cooked burger buns are stuffed with an awesomely masaledar mixture of sautéed veggies and cheese flavoured with an assortment of spice powders including chatpata garam masala and chaat masala. Having said that, we need speak no further about the tongue-tickling taste or absolutely exciting mouth-feel of this snack. The mild, buttery crispness of the buns and the succulence of the spicy stuffing all blend together beautifully in each bite, giving you an out-of-the-world experience. Serve it immediately to enjoy the buttery taste.
Have a go at other desi style burgers like Pav Bhaji Burger or Batata Vada Burger .
Recipe Description for Tava Cheese Burger, Quick Snack
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and onions and saute on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and capsicum and saute on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, carrot, coriander, chilli powder, turmeric powder, chaat masala, garam masala and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes ,while mashing it lightly using a back of a spoon.
- Switch off the flame, add the cheese and mix well. Keep aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 3 equal portions.
- Slit a burger bun till 3/4th. Fill a portion of the stuffing in it evenly.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) , put 1 tsp of butter on it and cook the burger till it turns golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 2 more burgers.
- Serve immeidately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.