Tamarind Chutney with Jaggery
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20911 times
Tamarind chutney made with jaggery is delicious sweet and sour chutney. A blend of exotic and fragrant spices cooked with tamarind and jaggery makes it the best chutney!
Add your private note
Tamarind Chutney with Jaggery recipe - How to make Tamarind Chutney with Jaggery
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 8 to 10 servings
- Soak tamarind in water for an hour.
- Boil 2 cups of water and mix tamarind into it.
- Take it off the heat and mash tamarind in water.
- When tamarind is soft and pulpy, drain the water and take out the tamarind pulp. Keep this water for later.
- Now put this pulp in blender to make a smooth paste.
- Put a pan on gas, add the strained water and one more cup of water. When water comes to boil add jaggery and let it melt.
- Add grinded tamarind paste in the pan.
- Also add the roasted masala powder, chili powder, dry ginger powder, black salt and salt and let the mixture boil for almost 5-7 minutes.
- Give it a taste and add more sugar or salt if required as per your taste.
- Cool and store.
This recipe was contributed by Peppergarlic on 07 Oct 2020
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.