Szechuan Spiced Tofu
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15729 times
Healthful and delicious soy recipe, soya surprise is prepared from curdled soya milk or soya paneer( tofu). The tofu is stir fried with onions, tomatoes, masalas and orange squash to prepare an amazing culinary surprise, Soya surprise.
- Heat in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat.add ginger and garlic
- Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add baby corn, bokchoy,onion.stir-fry until the bok choy is slightly wilted, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Combine and stir in vegetable stock, soy sauce, black bean sauce or black bean paste, dry sherry,chili paste,cornstarch, sugar, szechuan peppercorns, lightly cracked if desired.
- Boil, stirring, until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Stir in extra-firm tofu, pressed if desired, and cubed.
- Heat through for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Arrange on a serving platter egg noodles, cooked
- Spoon the tofu mixture over the noodles.
- Garnish with shredded peeled carrots and sliced scallions
This recipe was contributed by anupama_nagaraj on 25 Mar 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.