Added to 34 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17113 times
Make your Sunday breakfast special with Sunday poha recipe, the traditional way of preparing Maharashtrian popular snack, poha . This healthy recipe is prepared from soaked rice flakes or poha which is stir fried with boiled potatoes. The poha is delectably tempered with mustard seeds, curry leaves, green chillies and garnished with freshly grated coconut. A highly nutritious breakfast or snack option, especially for children and elderly.
- Wash the poha and leave aside for 15 minutes.
- On the other side pour the oil in pan and add mustard seeds,curry leaves,
- Green chillies,chopped potato and cook till potatoes soften.
- Add to it groundnut , poha, salt, turmeric powder and cook for another 10
- Minutes and then add lemon juice and sugar.
- Remove from flame and put into a dish and add to it
- Moong,gram,onion,tomato,curd ,salt,both chutneys and top with coriander
- Leaves,gram sev and grated coconut.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by sushila36 on 29 Jun 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.