by BETHICA DAS
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20565 times
It is a shahi dal from the kitchens of the nawabs of uttar pradesh. Rich and creamy in texture. Goes well with both rice/pulao or chapattis. It can also be cooked with moong dal.
- Combine the milk, cream and curd in a bowl, mix well and keep aside. Grind the cardamoms and cloves and keep aside.
- Boil the dal along with salt and chilli powder in 2 1/2 cups of water till soft and mash well.
- Place a small container on the dal and keep a live charcoal in it. Pour 1 tsp. Ghee over it and immediately cover it for 10 minutes.
- Mix together the cream mix, clove paste and saffron. Remove the cover, add this paste to the dal and simmer on low flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Heat the remaining ghee and temper with the cummin seeds and garlic. Add to the dal and mix well.
- Serve hot, garnished with green chillies and mint leaves.
This recipe was contributed by BETHICA DAS on 14 Apr 2013HI, I AM BETHICA DAS, LIVING IN SHARJAH WITH MY HUSBAND, PIJUSH DAS, WHO IS A SENIOR LECTURER AT A B...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.