Sukhi Aloo Mutter ki Subzi Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8722 times
The Sukhi Aloo Mutter ki Subzi is an everyday subzi with a timeless appeal. From young to old, Indians love this subzi even if they have it every alternate day. And we are sure many more generations will continue to enjoy it!
While green peas was seasonal at one time, we are now able to buy it throughout the year. Even in seasons when fresh peas is expensive, we can easily buy frozen green peas, defrost it and use.
The evergreen combo of potato cubes and green peas, is flavoured with a simple tempering of cumin seeds and everyday spice powders. The addition of garam masala, chaat masala and amchur powder gives the subzi an upbeat flavour!
Serve it hot with dal and rice , or any rotis or puri of your choice.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- When the seeds crackle, add the potatoes, green peas and little salt and sauté on a medium flame for 8 minutes.
- Add the chilli powder, cumin seeds powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and garam masala, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add ¼ cup of water and salt, mix gently and cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the dried mango powder, chaat masala and coriander, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Sukhi Aloo Mutter ki Subzi video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.