Subz Makhani (Low Fat & Low Cholesterol) Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 10075 times
Does the name 'makhani' remind you of a butter-laden delicacy? Well, this version tastes almost the same, but not as sinful as the original, thanks to the use of low-fat milk. The Subz Makhani features an exciting melange of veggies and spices, which make it a luxurious yet healthy accompaniment to your main course. You can indulge in this low fat, low cholesterol recipe more often than you would dare to treat yourself to the traditional makhani preparations.
Recipe Description for Subz Makhani
- Combine the tomatoes, onions, garlic, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, red pumpkin and ¾ cup of water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 8 to 10 minutes or till the vegetables are soft. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Blend the mixture in a mixer till smooth and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the dried fenugreek leaves and chilli powder and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onion-tomato mixture, sugar, salt and cornflour-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Just before serving, bring the makhani gravy to a boil, add the mixed vegetables and paneer, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
See step by step images of Subz Makhani Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.