Added to 22 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26493 times
Subz Biryani is a tempting vegetable or subz Biryani recipe with assorted vegetables chopped and stir fried with cooked rice, whole spices and relished garnished with coriander leaves and roasted cashews.
- Soak rice for 1 hour
- Grind the ingrediants of the paste together with a lil water.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan.add onions,cook till golden brown.
- Add the vegetables and stir fry for 3-4 minutes
- Add the paste and bay leaf
- Measure 4 cups of water and add to the vegetables.
- Add salt and lemon juice.
- When water boils,drain the soaked rice and add to the water.
- Put a tawa under the pan of rice to reduce the heat further.
- Cover the pan of rice with a small towel napkin and then with a well fitting lead.keep some heavy weight,on lead.
- Slow down the fire and cook till the rice is done(10-15 min).
- Serve after 10 minutes.
This recipe was contributed by sapnil on 16 Nov 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.