Stuffed Potato and Green Peas Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 114 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24870 times
The highlight of this paratha is its stuffing, which is quite unique despite using common ingredients.
The combination of slightly mashed potatoes and green peas gives the mixture a unique texture and a special, mealy mouth-feel, which is made all the more enticing by the addition of myriad spice powders.
Since the stuffing is not dry and soft, we will not be rolling it up in the dough and pressing it again into a circle, like usual Parathas . Instead, we will simply be folding the mixture into circles made of the dough, which makes the Stuffed Potato and Green Peas Paratha more attractive and also reduces the preparation time.
- Combine the whole wheat flour, salt and add enough water to make a soft dough. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the potatoes, green peas, turmeric powder and salt , mix well and cover and cook on a medium flame for 6 to 8 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the garam masala, cumin seeds powder, dried mango powder and chilli powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while mashing it occasionally with a potato masher. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
- Roll 1 portion of the dough into 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place the roti on a clean, dry surface, place approx. 2 tbsp of the stuffing on one half of the roti.
- Fold the other half of the roti over the stuffing to make a semi-circle and press it lightly so that the stuffing doesn’t spill out.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), cook the paratha, using a little oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 to make 7 more parathas.
- Serve hot with curds.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.