Stuffed Nachni Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 47 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30317 times
Ragi is called a wonder grain, and rightly so. Not only is it nutritious, but prepared the right way it can be quite tasty too. Once you develop a taste for ragi and the other millets, you would always prefer to have these instead of refined and polished grains. This sumptuous gluten-free paratha of nutritious ragi flour is packed with a succulent mixture of grated carrots and paneer, pepped up with coriander and green chillies. The juicy filling makes the ragi parathas enjoyably soft, transforming the Stuffed Nachni Paratha into an enjoyable meal for the whole family.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into soft dough using enough warm water.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and roll each portion into a 125 mm (5") diameter circle using a little nachni flour for rolling.
- Put 1 portion of the filling on one half of the roti and fold it over to make a semi-circle.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha, using a little oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 3 more parathas.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.