Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36781 times
Enjoy the mouthwatering stuffed brinjals as a main course item with breads of your choice. The brinjals or eggplant is slit and filled with a spicy mixture before being stir fried with onions and tomatoes.
- Heat pan with some oil.fry the coconut,ginger,garlic till light brown.you can also dry roast them without oil.
- Let it cool and grind all the ingredients for gravy(garlic,ginger,coconut,roastedpeanuts after removing the skin) into a paste.
- To this paste add turmeric powder,chilli powder and salt.check the taste for enough salt.
- Wash the brinjals and make two cuts into each one so that the paste can be stuffed into them.
- Don't remove the stems but you can trim them so that they are not too long.
- Then stuff a small amount of the paste into all the brinjals and put them aside.
- Heat a non-stick kadai with about 2 tbsp of oil.
- Add jeera,curry leaves and mustard seeds.let them splutter.
- Then add the brinjals to the kadai.let them cook for a few minutes with a lid on under medium flame(5 mins).
- Cook them on both sides.then check if they are cooked.
- If they are still not cooked you can add a little water and cook for a few minutes.
- Once the brinjals are cooked add the remaining paste to the kadai and mix well.
- Let them cook for another 10 mins till the oil comes out.
- Then garnish with coriander leaves.
This recipe was contributed by radcool on 24 Oct 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.