Stuffed Bajra Roti
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 79 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36557 times
Bajra is the staple diet in many parts of North-Western India where the locals enjoy it with garlic chutney, jaggery and home-made butter. In this recipe, I have stuffed these rotis with a mixture of paneer, fenugreek and tomatoes, thus enriching it with calcium, folic acid and iron. If you find it difficult to actually "stuff " these rotis because this dough is a little tough to roll, feel free to knead all the filling ingredients into the dough and then roll out the rotis. It is a much easier way of making them. I also find it easier to roll out this dough between 2 sheets of plastic.
- Combine the bajra flour, salt and enough hot water to make a soft dough.
- Knead well, divide into 16 portions and roll out each portion into thin rotis.
- Spread a little stuffing on one roti. Then put another roti on top and press well so that it becomes one roti.
- Repeat for the remaining rotis and stuffing.
- Cook each stuffed roti on a tava (griddle) on both sides using a little butter till both side are golden brown.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.