Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4891 times
An irrestible Strawberry shortcake recipe with freh strawberries added to the all purpose cake mix abd then enjoyed sliced plainw ith tea r topped with cream as dessert.
- In a large bowl, toss the strawberries & sugar substitute. cover. refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to 450 f.
- In a large bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients. with a pastry blender or 2 knives used in scissor fashion, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the milk and sour cream to make a soft dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough 2 minutes. press to a 3/4-inch thickness. with a 2-1/2-in
- Spoon 1 tablespoon whipped topping onto the bottom half of each shortcake.
- Top with approximately 2 tablespoons sliced berries.
- Replace the tops. arrange the remaining berries on top of each shortcake.
This recipe was contributed by deeparah on 31 Jan 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.