Steaming Broccoli Soup
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 1995 times
Broccoli is a plant in cabbage family. It's flower head is used as a vegetable. Broccoli is commonly steamed, boiled or sauteed. It is high in vitamin c and also in dietary fiber. Long back, I had this cheesy broccoli soup and it tasted heavenly but it was very high in calories. So I made this somewhat lighter version of this soup. With a very few ingredients, this broccoli soup is easy to make.
Add your private note
Steaming Broccoli Soup recipe - How to make Steaming Broccoli Soup
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 serving
- Heat the butter in a deep pan, add the onions and saute until translucent.
- Add the broccoli, cover and cook for around 5-7 minutes stirring in between.
- Add the stock, bring it to a boil and then simmer half covered until broccoli is nice and tender.
- Once cooled puree it in a blender reserving 1/3 cup of the liquid. Transfer the blended soup and reserved liquid in a pot, add 1/2 cup milk and gently heat the soup again.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by patwardhan on 08 Feb 2014
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.