Spring Onion Cakes
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2990 times
Butter can be used instead of lard.
shake and jiggle the pan while cooking to give a flaky pastry finish.
Add your private note
Spring Onion Cakes recipe - How to make Spring Onion Cakes
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
1 hours 25 minutes
- Take the flour into a bowl and gently pour in boiling water. stir for 5 min then add cold water and knead to a firm dough.
- Cover with damp cloth or invert a bowl on it and leave for 25-30 min.
- On a lightly floured surface,roll the dough and make it strech long.
- Divide into 10 sections.roll each section into a flat pancake.
- Sprinkle with chopped scallions,salt and lard.fold up the pan cakes from sides and roll again to make 1/4 inch thin pancake.
- Heat oil in a pre heated frying pan and fry pancakes one at a time over medium heat for 5 min turning over once.
This recipe was contributed by ratnamadhuri on 03 Jan 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.