Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4213 times
A quick starter recipe made with iron filled palak mixed in various herbs and spices. Tasty and nutritious.
- Sieve the wheat flour, soya flour, semolina, salt and baking powder together.
- Add the butter and mix with fingertips till it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Mix in the garlic, cumin powder, grated cheese and carrot.
- Add the spinach puree and knead the dough till smooth but not very soft.
- Cover and set aside for 20 minutes.
- With a rolling pin, roll out one-third of the dough.
- Cut the rolled out dough into 5cm squares.
- Prick each square with a fork and dust a little flour over it.
- Set side for 5 minutes. repeat the process with the remaining dough.
- Deep fry the spinach squares in hot oil till golden brown.
- Serve with tomato ketchup or chilli garlic sauce.
- This can be stored in airtight containers after cooling.
This recipe was contributed by suman_001 on 10 Oct 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.