Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5421 times
Spinach cannelloni offers an exotic pasta and vegetables recipe with fresh spinach pasta prepared at home. The spinach puree is added to the dough while making pastas and then are placed on a bed of pomorado sauce and topped with white sauce, grated cheese and select herbs. A lovely baked recipe which is healthy, delicious and renders an authentic Italian touch to the dish.
- Heat 2 tablespoon of oil.
- Fry onions & carrots. add paprika.
- Blend tomato in a mixie.
- Add this to onions along with other ingredients, and boil for a few minutes. **white sauce
- Heat 11/2 tablespoon of butter.
- Fry 11/2 tablespoon maida.
- Add 11/2 cups of milk.
- Keep stirring constantly till thick.
- Mix salt & pepper.
- Mix the above ingredients and make a semi-hard dough.
- Boil enough water. add 1 teaspoon ghee and 1 teaspoon vinegar.
- Roll the pastas very thinly and cut into rectangles.
- Drop them in boiling water and cook till aldente.
- Take out in a strainer and wash with running tap water.
- Place the stuffing and make rolls.
- Mix everything lightly.
- Place stuffing and make rolls.
- In a greased baking dish pour the pomorado sauce.
- Place the canneloni on it.
- Spread the white sauce.
- Sprinkle grated cheese liberally.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180 degree centigrade.
This recipe was contributed by mani36 on 29 Jun 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.