Spinach and Baby Corn Soup ( Healthy Soups and Salad Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 188 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 45889 times
Have you ever felt that foods that are nice to look at, kindle your appetite even before you dig in? Well, that is sure to be true of this colourful soup, enriched with vitamin A and folic acid rich spinach. Baby corn adds crunch to this vibrant soup, while the vegetable stock pools in more nutrients and antioxidants. Slurp up the Spinach and Baby Corn Soup for glowing skin and sharp vision!
- Dissolve the cornflour in ½ cup of basic vegetable stock and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1minute.
- Add the baby corn and spinach and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining 3 ½ cups of basic vegetable stock and the cornflour-stock mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Allow it to cool completely and then blend it in a mixer to a smooth purée.
- Transfer the purée back to the pan and add the salt and pepper. Mix well and bring to a boil, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.