Spicy Paneer Burger by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 1109 times
Think spicy and our indian masalas are sure to spring up in your mind! yes, this cutlet features a blend of common indian spices, ensuring a top rating by our desi taste buds. The mint chutney used in this recipe uses a good lot of onions, resulting in a very unusual flavour.
Recipe Description for Spicy Paneer Burger ( Burgers and Smoothies Recipe)
- Combine the curds, chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger paste, garlic paste, besan, chaat masala, dried fenugreek leaves, garam masala and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the paneer, mix well and keep aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the onions, capsicum and a little salt and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the marinated paneer, mix well and sauté on a high flame for 1 minute.
- Mash the mixture using a potato masher and sauté the paneer on a medium flame for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the flame, add ¼ cup of bread crumbs and mix well. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and shape each portion into a circle of 75 mm. (3”) diameter and 1 cm thickness.
- Dip each cutlet in the plain flour-water mixture and roll in the remaining ½ cup of bread crumbs till it is evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry each cutlet till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste using a little water if required.
- Divide the salad into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Cut each burger bun horizontally into two. Apply ½ tsp of butter on the insides of each half of the burger bun and toast them lightly on a tava (griddle). Keep aside.
- Apply 1 tbsp of the minty-mayo spread on buttered side of all the bun halves.
- Place a lower half of the bun on a clean, dry surface with the buttered-spread side facing up.
- Place a cutlet and 1 slice of cheese over it.
- Spread 1 tbsp of salad and again 1 tbsp of the minty-mayo spread evenly over it.
- Place a lettuce leaf and cover with an upper half of the bun with the buttered-spread side facing down and press it lightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more burgers.
- Serve immediately with masala french fries.
- To get crunchy salad, combine only the vegetables in a deep bowl and immerse them in cold water for atleast 15 minutes. Drain, add the chaat masala and mix well and use as required.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.