Soya Sesame Khakhra (Diabetic, Zero Oil and Healthy Heart) Video of Tarla Dalal
Viewed 7510 times
This crisp, oil-free snack is a perfectly healthy answer to sudden hunger pangs. Made of wholesome soya and wheat flours dotted with iron-rich sesame seeds, the Soya Sesame Khakhra is so satiating it will keep you going right up to the next meal. It abounds in all necessary nutrients but is sans fat making it truly heart-friendly and diabetic-friendly. What is more, the Isoflavanes from soya are also known to lower cholesterol and strengthen the arteries, adding to the goodness of these khakhras.
Recipe Description for Soya Sesame Khakhra ( Healthy Heart)
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a firm dough using little water.
- Cover with a plate and keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Knead the dough well again and divide it into 6 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a 150 mm. (6") diameter thin circle, using a little wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each khakhra on a slow flame till pink spots appear on both the sides.
- Continue cooking the khakhra on a slow flame, while pressing with a folded muslin cloth, till it turns crisp and brown from both the sides.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.
See step by step images of Soya Sesame Khakhra ( Healthy Heart) Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.