Soya Methi Theplas
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 32 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15887 times
Very famous gujarati delicacy that is usually made with wheat flour and besan, i modified with adding soya flour and it yet tastes the same. Methi is the key ingredient that imparts the unique taste of theplas and mask the flavour of soya flour. Fresh curds renders softness to the theplas, make them for breakfast and enjoy them serve with piping hot tea or as a snack with curds and pickle. Traditionally for a meal theplas are usually served with potato bhaji, however relish it with bharwan aloo, page. . For a wholesome soya experience.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Keep aside for 10 minutes under a wet muslin cloth.
- Knead again using soya oil till smooth and divide the dough into 15 equal portions.
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a 125 mm. (5") diameter thin circle using a liitle flour for rolling.
- Cook the thepla on a tava (griddle) over a medium flame, using soya oil, till both sides are golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining dough to make 14 more theplas.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per thepla
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.