South Indian Style Mixed Vegetable
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18791 times
A delicious recipe of South Indian style mixed vegetables cooked in a delectable creamy coconut sauce. The fresh and seasonal vegetables are chopped and then stir fried before simmering in the coconut based tangy curry.
- Chop all the vegetables in desired sizes, mix in turmeric and microwave in a bowl for 5 mins. and allow to stand.
- In a kadai, heat oil and add mustard seeds. after it crackles add urad dal.
- When the dal turns pink, add asafoetida, ginger, chilli and curry leaves and cook for a few seconds.
- Then add the cooked vegetables and saute for a few more mins.
- At last add the grated fresh coconut and saute for sometime.
- Serve hot with any mixed rice.
This recipe was contributed by vsucharitha on 09 Apr 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.