Sooji & Veg Dhokla
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 48785 times
quick vegetable idlis. you can also steam the batter to make idlis.
* it is important to add the fruit salt just before you put the
dhoklas to steam and to ensure the water is boiling when you put the dhoklas
Add your private note
Sooji & Veg Dhokla recipe - How to make Sooji & Veg Dhokla
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Mix the semolina, buttermilk, vegetables, ginger-green chilli
- Paste, oil and salt in a bowl to make a smooth batter. keep aside for at
- Least 30 minutes.
- Add the fruit salt, mix well and pour the batter into a greased 200
- Mm. (8") diameter thali. steam for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Prepare the tempering by heating the oil, adding the mustard seeds,
- Sesame seeds and asafoetida and frying until the seeds crackle. pour
- The tempering over the prepared dhokla.
- Cut into pieces and serve hot with green chutney.
This recipe was contributed by sumagandlur on 27 Dec 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.