Shahi Paneer by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 71 times
The very word shahi connotes richness – and you will not be disappointed because that is just what this recipe is! Loaded with cashew nuts, poppy seeds, ghee and cream, the shahi gravy has a very luscious mouth-feel that is complemented beautifully by its intense flavour, contributed by ingredients like tomato pulp and spice powders.
Recipe Description for Shahi Paneer, Shahi Paneer Sabzi
- Combine the paneer, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt in a deep bowl and toss well.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the paneer mixture and sauté on a medium flame for 3 minutes. Keep aside.
- Combine the poppy seeds, cashewnuts and milk in a bowl, mix well and keep aside to soak for 30 minutes.
- Add the ginger and garlic paste and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add the cinnamon, bayleaves and cloves and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the chilli powder and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato pulp, gram masala, cumin seeds powder, coriander powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the prepared paste and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the green peas, sautéed paneer and fresh cream in the prepared shahi gravy, mix gently and cook on medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.