Schezwan Noodle Frankie by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 626 times
Noodles and Frankies, two all-time favourite street foods come together in this innovative snack! Noodles, tossed with peppy Schezwan sauce and crunchy veggies, makes an exciting filling for rotis.
Recipe Description for Schezwan Noodle Frankie
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and roll each portion into a 150 mm (6”) diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the roti using a little butter till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat step 3 to make 3 more rotis. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the capsicum, carrot and cabbage and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the schezwan sauce, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the noodles and salt, toss well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Place a roti on a clean, and dry surface.
- Put ½ tbsp of chilli sauce and spread it evenly.
- Spread 2 tbsp of cabbage over it and 1½ tbsp of onions.
- Spread ½ cup of the prepared schezwan noodle stuffing and sprinkle 2 tbsp of cheese over it.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp of chaat masala over it and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat steps 1 to 5 to make 3 more frankies.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.