Savoury Bread Pudding
by Aditya Vikram Shah
This recipe has been viewed 3766 times
His savoruy bread pudding makes a fabulous start for a day. You simply put everything together the first thing in the morning, pop it in the oven and set about your tasks. You come back to a bowl full of yum with the goodness of some veggies and some tangy buttermilk.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions ans saute till they turn transparent.
- Add the carrots and cook for a min.
- Add the tomatoes and all the spice powders, mix well and cook till tomatoes turn mushy.
- Add coriander leaves and mix well.
- Take a small deep baking dish and grease with some butter or oil.
- Dip a bread slice in the buttermilk for 5 seconds and place in the dish.
- Take about 11/2 tbsp of the onion tomato mixture and spread evenly over the bread slice.
- Take another bread slice and dip in the buttermilk and cover.
- Spread the onion tomato mixture again.
- Repeat with the remaining bread slices and onion tomato mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 25 to 30 mins until top is dry and golden brown.
- Alternatively, you can microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes.
- Once done, let cool for 10 mins.
- Slice and serve hot or dig in as it is. Tastes best when eaten hot.
This recipe was contributed by Aditya Vikram Shah on 22 Oct 2013I like to read books, listening to soft music and riding my bike along the river banks while its rai...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.