Saunfwale Aloo Baingan ( Potatoes)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 31 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25540 times
Saunf has a strong flavour and aroma that have to be handled carefully. Generally, it imparts an enjoyable peppiness when used in small quantities but can be overpowering if used with the wrong ingredients or in excess. Saunfwale Aloo Baingan is an exception. Although a rather large dose of saunf is used here, perfectly chosen ingredients in the right proportions makes this subzi a zesty and memorable treat for your taste buds!
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till the onions turn translucent, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the potatoes, salt and ¼ cup of water and cover and cook on a slow flame for 7 to 8 minutes, or till the potatoes are half cooked, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the ginger, garlic, brinjal and salt, cover and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till the brinjal is almost cooked, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder and the prepared powder, mix well and cover and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||631.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||21.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||22.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.