Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 30084 times
Saunf Mukhwas is something most Indians look forward to having it after meals. It is aromatic, mouth freshening and aids digestion.
It is best to consume this in a week or 2. We usually make this every alternate week.
Add your private note
Saunf Mukhwas recipe - How to make Saunf Mukhwas
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 3.75 cups
- Heat a pan on a medium flame till hot. Add the fennel seeds and dry roast, while stirring continuously, till it releases a mild aroma and the colour changes slightly.
- Remove from the pan and keep aside to cool completely.
- In the same pan dry roast dhana dal till it releases a mild aroma and the colour changes slightly. Remove from the pan and keep aside to cool completely.
- Then dry roast sesame seeds till it releases a mild aroma and the colour changes slightly. Remove from the pan and keep aside to cool completely.
- In a deep bowl or plate combine the roasted fennel seeds, dhana dal, fennel seeds, chuara supari , betel nut slivers, rose essence and peppermint essence. Mix well.
- Store in an air-tight container and use as required.
- Consume within 2 weeks.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#413857 on 02 Sep 2016
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.