Sandwich Surprise !
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5412 times
Use very little turmeric powder to give that pale yellow color.
bean sprouts can be substituted for peas.
the sandwiches can be prepared in a large batch till the coating-with-the-bread-crumb stage and frozen for future use.
serves great for picnics or school lunches.
- Pressure cook potatoes and divide them to 2 parts. mash one part finely and other one not very fine.
- Chop tomatoes into big cubes.
- If you are using egg, beat it with milk.
- Add the milk(+egg mixture) to the finely mashed potatoes and make it into a creamy mixture. add a little salt and the cornflour to this.
- Heat 1/2 of the butter in kadai, saute the onions, tomatoes add cayenne pepper, paprika, chilli powder and a little salt. transfer this to a mixing bowl.
- Prepare the peas by cooking them in the remaing butter with a little water and salt and turmeric powder. when done, add the not-so-finely mashed potatoes and saute for 2 more mins. add this mixture to the tomato mixture.
- Bring this mixture to room temparature and mix the shredded cheese and keep aside.
- Take a bread slice and spoon the filling over it generously, place another slice over this, and spoon the filling over this generously and cover it with another bread slice.
- Now cover the entire sandwich with the creamy potato mash on all six sides - the top, bottom and the sides.
- Spread the breadcrumbs on a plate and coat the sandwich with the breadcrumbs evenly on all sides.
- Do the same as above for the remaining bread slices and fillings.
- Refrigerate the prepared for about half an hour.
- Bake in a preheated oven (200 degree) for 20-25 mins.
This recipe was contributed by kavithamanickam on 15 Oct 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.