by Tarla Dalal
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18043 times
A vegetable preparation from the Chinese repertoire, Saiwoo Vegetables is a semi-dry, sweet and spicy way of cooking assorted veggies like carrot, baby corn and capsicum. The crisp, deep-fried vegetables are cooked with typical Oriental ingredients like chillies, ginger, garlic and spring onions, but what makes this recipe unique is the addition of a flavourful honey sauce, prepared with honey, soy sauce and a blend of flavours. This sweet and spicy sauce leaves its indelible mark on your palate, making it yearn for more.
- Combine the cornflour, plain flour, salt and ¾ cup of water in a deep bowl, mix well to form a thick batter and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-sticik kadhai, dip each vegetable into the plain flour-water mixture and drop them into the hot oil. Deep-fry a few vegetables at a time till they turn light brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a small pan, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or a broad non-stick pan, add the green chillies, , ginger, garlic and dried kashmiri red chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add spring onion whites and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the schezuan sauce, honey sauce, ½ cup of water and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the fried vegetables, mix well and cook on medium flame for 2 minutes, while tossing gently.
- Serve immediately garnished with spring onion greens.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.