Rice Wrapper Vegetable Rolls with Sweet Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 103 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 48936 times
A dish that traces its roots back to Vietnamese cuisine, the Rice Wrapper Rolls with Sweet Sauce features a rich stuffing of shredded vegetables, noodles and sprouts, flavoured aptly with soy sauce. If you wish, you can mix in some chopped mushroom too. These scrumptious rolls are further enhanced by arranging them on a sizzler plate, and topping them with tongue-tickling sweet sauce made of Schezuan sauce and other ingredients. Since we have made this recipe with readymade rice wrappers, it is quite convenient to prepare, but offers a much more exotic alternative to spring rolls! This starter can be followed by a main course of Hot and Sour Soup ( Easy Chinese Recipe ) and Triple Schezuan Rice and end your meal with Honey Noodles with Vanilla Ice Cream .
- Combine the cornflour and 1 tbsp of water in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients in a broad non-stick pan, add the prepared cornflour- water mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or a deep non-stick kadhai on a high flame till it smokes.
- Add the garlic and spring onion whites and sauté on a high flame for 1 minute.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and sauté on a high flame for 2 minutes.
- Divide the stuffing into 2 equal portions and keep aside.
- Dip a rice wrapper in enough water till it softens.
- Place it on a flat, dry surface and spread a portion of the stuffing on one edge of the wrapper and fold to make a roll.
- Repeat with the remaining wrapper and stuffing to make 1 more roll.
- Cut each roll into 4 pieces and keep aside.
- Heat a sizzler plate on an open flame till is red hot.
- While on the flame, pour 2 tbsp of the sweet sauce over it. Place the stuffed rolls on it and top it with another 2 tbsp of sweet sauce. Cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes to get the sizzling effect.
- Place the sizzler plate on the wooden tray and serve immediately with the remaining sweet sauce.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per roll
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.