rice panki recipe | Gujarati rice flour panki | rice flour pancake cooked on banana leaf |
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 163 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 170914 times
rice panki recipe | Gujarati rice flour panki | rice flour pancake cooked on banana leaf | with 25 images.
rice panki is the most cooked Gujarati panki. Learn to make Gujarati rice flour panki.
rice panki is made by cooking a batter between banana leaves. While pankis made with rice flour batter are the most common, other varieties are prevalent, and you’re welcome to try your own too!
It is worth noting that the presentation of the rice panki with the banana leaf adds a great deal of aroma as well as visual appeal to it.
When making rice panki, always grease the banana leaves well, and allow the panki to leave the sides before serving.
Tips 1. Spread the batter uniformly to ensure even cooking. 2. Spread the batter with the back of a spoon on the banana leaf. 3. After cooking rice panki, discard banana leaves.
rice panki is best served with green chutney.
Enjoy rice panki recipe | Gujarati rice flour panki | rice flour pancake cooked on banana leaf | with step by step photos.
- To make rice panki, combine the rice flour, curds, salt and 3 cups of warm water in a bowl and mix well to make a thick batter. Cover and keep aside for 3 to 4 hours to ferment.
- Add asafoetida, cumin seeds, ginger-green chilli paste, garlic paste, ghee and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Apply a little oil on one side of each banana leaf and keep aside.
- Put 1/2 tbsp of the batter on one half of the greased side of a banana leaf and spread it evenly to make a thin layer.
- Cover with the other greased banana leaf with the greased side facing downwards
- Cook on a non-stick tava (griddle) till light brown spots appear on the leaves and the panki in between peels off the leaf easily.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 34 more pankis.
- Serve the rice panki immediately.
- You can cook 3 to 4 pankis at a time.
- suva panki - after step no. 2 sprinkle 2 tsp finely chopped fresh dill leaves (suva/ shepu bhaji) on top and follow the remaining steps as above.
Rice Panki ( Gujarati Recipe) recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per panki
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.