Rice Khichu ( Non - Fried Snacks )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 36 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 44241 times
Rice khichu, gujarat is known for its many snacks that are a treat to the palate even while being friendly to the stomach! here is another easy to make, easily digestible afternoon snack from the kitchens of gujarat. However, serving it in the traditional way with oodles of raw oil can turn this healthy snack into a non-healthy one. Serve it by shaping with an interesting mould and top it with the sauce. Khichu remains soft when hot, hence, true to the name, relish it steaming hot. While adding flour, be quick in stirring to avoid the formation of lumps.
- Put 3 cups of hot water in a deep non-stick pan, add the soda bi-carb, crushed cumin seeds, green chillies, salt, rice flour and oil, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously with help of a rolling pin.
- Cover and cook on a slow flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small pan, add the garlic and sauté on a slow flame till it releases flavour.
- Remove from the flame, add the chilli powder and salt and mix well. Keep aside.
- Put the khichu in a bowl, pour a little of the sauce over it and serve immediately.
Rice Khichu Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.