Rice & Coconut Halva
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5743 times
Rice & coconut halva is an unique halwa recipe with soaked rice and freshly grated coconut. The left over rice can also be used to prepare this halva which is best served hot garnished with chopped nuts.
- Soak rice in water for 1 hour.
- Drain water and grind to a smooth paste along with coconut.
- Dilute it with 5 to 6 cups of water.
- Mix with jaggery and cook in a heavy kadai stirring constantly without forming lumps.
- When it becomes thick add ghee and cook for few minutes.
- Mix cardamom powder, fried nuts and pour on a greased tray.
- Cut into pieces and serve.
This recipe was contributed by Jazvik on 07 May 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.