Restaurant Style Jeera Rice by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 1051 times
If minimal ingredients can create a dish worthy of the lords, then this is it! Restaurant-Style Jeera Rice is a flavour-packed rice preparation with the enticing and appetising aroma of jeera. Coriander peps up the rice further, while a dollop of melted butter added at the end gives the rice a pleasant yellow tinge and a tempting shine, which you are sure to notice whenever you order Jeera Rice at restaurants. If possible, serve this dish immediately to enjoy a burst of flavours along with the crackling crispness of cumin seeds.
Recipe Description for Restaurant Style Jeera Rice
- Wash and drain the rice thoroughly.
- Combine the rice along with enough water in a deep bowl, cover it with a lid and keep aside to soak for 30 minutes. Drain well and keep the rice aside.
- Boil enough water in a deep non-stick pan and add the salt and rice to it. Mix well and cook on a medium flame for 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Strain it using a strainer and transfer it into a flat plate immediately. Spread it evenly using a flat ladle and keep aside to cool completely (for approx. 30 minutes). Remember to toss the rice gently once in a while to ensure that all the steam gets evaporated.
- Heat a broad non-stick pan and add the oil and ghee.
- When the ghee melts just slightly, add the cumin seeds and sauté on a medium flame for 10 seconds. Remove the pan from the flame, add the cooked rice, a little salt and coriander and mix gently.
- Put the pan back onto the flame and cook it on a high flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while tossing gently but continuously.
- Add 1 tbsp of melted butter and mix gently.
- Serve hot.
- While soaking the rice, you can add 3 drops of lemon juice to ensure that after cooking each grain of rice is separate.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.