Red Chilli Gongura Pickle
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 11890 times
Red chilli gongura pickle is a spicy hot pickle or pachadi recipe which is sure to add colour and punch to any meal. Find many simple and tasty traditional pickle recipe at tarladalal.com.
- Wipe red chilis with clean cloth and dry them in shade.
- Put red chilis and salt together in a blender and crush them to coarse pulp.add hing to it and leave it for 2 days.
- Seperate gongura leaves from the stem and and wash them with water and let them dry in shade on a clean dry cloth.let them dry for a day ot two.
- Roast the leaves in a dry pan until they wilt but do not become black. cool and store the roasted leaves.
- Dry roast fenugreek seeds and powder them.
- Add the chili paste,fenugreek powder to the roasted leaves the following day and mix well.store it in a airtight container.
- When ever you wish to have pickle ,take small quantity of pickle ,grind it in a blender as per your requirement.
- Season it with mustard seeds in hot oil
- If required we can put garlic in the seasoning.
- It goes well with rice and ghee.
This recipe was contributed by kamalacute on 09 Apr 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.