301 Indian recipes using coconut milk | coconut milk recipes
Indian recipes using coconut milk | coconut milk recipes | Given below is a large collection of Indian breakfast recipes using coconut milk, Indian gravies and sabzis using coconut milk, Indian snacks using coconut milk and kids recipes using coconut milk. See below the benefits of using coconut milk.
Indian Breakfast recipes using coconut milk
Healthy start of the day, you can have a South Indian breakfast or some smoothie or pancakes, choice is yours. Indulge in these recipes which will make your day energetic.
1. Appam a famous dish from the Keralite repertoire of South Indian cooking. This recipe is an easy-to-make, instant version of the otherwise tough-to-make dish.
Appam, Appam Kerala Recipe
2. Mini Idlis in Coconut Sauce with loads of spinach in the batter, are tasty and healthy too. Instead of the standard sambhar combo, here the idlis are floated in a soothing coconut sauce
3. Strawberry and Coconut Milk Smoothie A striking combination of tangy strawberry crush with soothing coconut milk, refreshing curds and sweet ice-cream, this smoothie is unique as it brings together three base ingredients with one fruit
Strawberry and Coconut Milk Smoothie
4. Coconut Flour Pancakes Smooth and tasty coconut flour is the secret behind the success of this fabulous pancake.
Coconut Flour Pancakes, Low- Carb Coconut Pancakes
5. Coconut Chia Pudding Super Bowl a protein-packed dessert that is rich in healthy fats. A topping of fruits gives you a wonderful taste, texture and mouth-feel, not to forget an ample dose of fibre
Coconut Chia Pudding Super Bowl
Indian Gravies and sabzis using coconut milk
Try out our recipes below, goes well with rice preparation or any kind of Indian bread. Ideally best for lunch or dinner.
1. Vegetables in Coconut Milk a sumptuous mixed veggie preparation in traditional Mangalorean style.
Vegetables in Coconut Milk, Mangalorean Style Valval
2. Veg Thai Curry one of the main course dishes of Thai Cuisine which is a variation to Green Thai Curry. The only difference between both the curries it is paste or the base that is used, red curry paste or green curry paste.
Veg Thai Curry, Thai Curry with Vegetables
3. Bhindi Mappas an evergreen favourite of the Syrian Christians in Kerala, Bhindi Mappas features sautéed bhindi in aromatic coconut milk gravy.
Bhindi Mappas, Bhindi in Coconut Gravy, Kerala Vendakka Recipe
4. Hara Chana Coconut Curry with Methi Muthia muthias served in the Hara Chana Coconut Curry, which is a delicious preparation of cooked chana in a base of coconut milk
Hara Chana Coconut Curry with Methi Muthia
5. Subzi Ka Salan an aromatic vegetable preparation made with a bounty of veggies.
Subzi Ka Salan
6. Cauliflower and Potato Ghassi traditional ghassi masala paste made of myriad spices, coconut, onions and tamarind is a perfect base to cook vegetables like cauliflower and potato.
Cauliflower and Potato Ghassi
Indian Snacks using coconut milk
Very few snacks can taste good using coconut milk .. here are few recipes which we have created and enjoyed for snacks, when you have sudden hunger prank.
1. Baked Kand seemingly elaborate procedure, which is actually done in minutes! the baked kand is a lip-smacking preparation of yam slices layered with a green peas mixture
2. Samosa Kadhi Chaat with a coconut kadhi and to add some crunch to the dish, added chopped spring onions. This samosa chaat is a meal in itself!
Samosa Kadhi Chaat
3. Pyajo a delicious snack, with a wonderful blend of flavours and textures, mildly-flavoured coconut curry and peppy chutneys, and finally garnished in an innovative way with crushed potato wafers and coriander.
4. Soba Noodles Salad kind of saucy, with a base of coconut milk. Strong shades of garlic, ginger and bird’s eye chilli strengthen the Oriental feel of this salad
Lunch and dinner one pot meals using coconut milk
One pot meals with coconut flavoured base.. really satisfying and gives a very complete meal feel. And also it can prepared quickly.
1. Burmese Khowsuey this one-dish meal is sure to strike every single of your taste buds with its vibrant flavour!
2. Thai Pineapple Rice a burst of flavours – the sweet and sour pineapple, spicy curry paste, soothing coconut milk, juicy raisins, and more.
Thai Pineapple Rice
3. Baked Layered Coconut Rice with Curry rice cooked in coconut milk, which has a soothing flavour and pleasantly spicy aroma.
Baked Layered Coconut Rice with Curry
4. Rice Noodles with Vegetables in Thai Red Curry Sauce you are bound to expect a sweet and sour flavour in most Oriental sauces, this Thai red curry sauce has something more in store for you!
5. Coconut Vegetable Curry with Coconut Rice exotic Coconut Vegetable Curry with Coconut Rice is a flavour-packed treat that will remain etched in your memory for ever!
Coconut Vegetable Curry with Coconut Rice
Kids special recipe using coconut milk
Kids are not great lovers of coconut milk , but these recipes here gives a very creamy rich taste and the kids love it for sure..
1. Guava Smoothie this sumptuous drink can be enjoyed any time you have guava juice and coconut milk on hand.
Guava Smoothie ( Burgers and Smoothies Recipe)
2. Coconut Cake a soft and succulent sponge cake with a deep-seated flavour and mild crunch, which makes it a wonderful accompaniment.
3. Coconut Sheera Richness oozes out of very spoonful of this divine coconut sheera mithai. With the creamy taste of not just coconut but coconut milk too.
4. Pina Colada ever-popular combination of pineapples and coconut meat or coconut water. This tongue-tickling tropical combo comes to us in many forms.
Virgin Pina Colada ( Party Drinks )
Benefits of Coconut Milk :
Coconut Milk : Recent research says that not eating enough healthy fat can actually make fat. But you need to choose the type of fat correctly like coconut milk.
How To Make Coconut Milk, Healthy Coconut Milk
And the answer is MCT (Medium Chain Triglycerides) – which goes directly to the liver and does not get stored as fat in body. Coconut milk contains some amount of potassium which is beneficial for those with high blood pressure.The lauric acid present in coconut milk has a positive effect on cholesterol levels improves heart health too. Read detailed benefits of coconut milk.
Enjoy our Indian recipes using coconut milk | coconut milk recipes | given below.