933 Cardamom Powder Recipes | Indian Elaichi Powder Recipes.
Cardamom Powder Recipes. Indian Elaichi Powder Recipes. When whole cardamom is finely grinded we get cardamom powder. Because the taste of cardamom is so strong, you only need a pinch of it to flavor the food. The outside pod is not used to make the powder but can instead be used to infuse tea. Elaichi powder is widely used in Indian cuisine, mostly in sweet dishes and also in the middle-east to flavor beverages.
Elaichi Tea, Indian Cardamom Tea, Elaichi Chaa
10 Indian desserts using cardamom powder
The most common use of cardamom powder would be to flavor desserts. In India almost all sweets have a hint of cardamom in them which makes them so rich in taste. It is added in sweets that are served at festivals like
1. Moong dal sheera : This coarse-textured, hot sweet takes a long time to cook—as slow cooking with continuous stirring is a must for this recipe—but is definitely a rewarding effort! soak the saffron in warm milk for at least 20 minutes as it adds colour and enhances the aroma.
Moong Dal Sheera ( Gujarati Recipe)
2. One of the most well-known of Gujarati desserts, Lapsi (fada ni lapsi | dalia sheera) is a very appealing sweet dish of roasted and cooked broken wheat sweetened with sugar and flavoured pleasantly with cardamom powder. Roasting the broken wheat in ghee gives the Gujarati broken wheat sweet a rich brown colour, intense aroma and nice flavour.
Lapsi, Fada ni Lapsi, Gujarati Broken Wheat Dessert Recipe
3. Shrikhand | It is simply amazing how the humble dahi transforms into a mouth-watering shrikhand dessert in just a few simple steps. Here is the easiest and best way to make yummy shrikhand out of everyday curds. It does not even require any cooking.
Shrikhand, Kesar Elaichi Shrikhand
4. And its different varieties like Kesar Kulfi Falooda because of the unique taste it provides.
Kesar Kulfi Falooda
5. Besan ladoo : besan ladoo is one of the most popular mithai in Indian cuisine. It might be known by various names, but this delicious laddoos of spiced and sweetened besan is famous all over the country.
6. Malai Kulfi : Of the many varieties of kulfi, this traditional Malai Kulfi stands out with an extra rich and intense flavour and creaminess, all thanks to the slow but rewarding process of condensing full-fat milk till it gets an irresistible texture and aroma.
8. Rice kheer : There are innumerable varieties of kheer, and one or the other is prepared for every puja, festival or wedding. Rice kheer is undoubtedly the King of Kheers! It is made all over India. Known as Paal Payasam in South India, it is a must-serve item at weddings.
9. Atta ka sheera
Atta ka Sheera
10. Malai Peda : One of the most well-known of Indian mithai, the Malai Peda is as rich as a sweet can get. A special process of curdling full-fat milk turns it into a richly textured product like khoya, which when flavoured with cardamom and saffron becomes an intensely aromatic dessert that nobody can resist.
Indian Sabzis using Elaichi Powder
We think that only whole cardamom pods are used to flavor savory Indian recipes but that isn’t true.
1. The famous Dal Baati Churma has 3 elements one of which is churma. This is made with whole wheat flour, semolina and sugar and flavored with elaichi powder. This is then deep fried and served with hot dal. The combination of sweet and savory makes this dish wonderful.
Dal Baati Churma
2. Another authentic recipe, Bikaneri Bhujia, is thick sev flavored with pepper and cardamom and deep fried to perfection!
3. Paneer in white gravy : Deliciously soft paneer in a rich and luscious gravy, which is sure to make your main course very, very special. The gravy features a rich onion-cashew paste, perked up with cardamom powder and whole spices.
Paneer in White Gravy
Innovative Cardamom Powder Recipes
It is a common tradition to have toast alongside a steaming cup of Elaichi Tea in the mornings. The toast usually served is Rusk. It is basically a bread that is baked twice to make it super crisp, tasty and aromatic. Since it is a little sweet in taste, the hint of cardamom tastes wonderful!
A great way to cool off in the summer is by the way of summer drinks. Two delicious recipes that are perfect as coolers are Panha and Thai smoothie. They both have a hint of spices that give an innovative twist to them.
Thai Smoothie, Mango, Curd and Coconut Milk Smoothie
Appams are tiny snacks that are made in southern India which are usually salty in taste. But you can make them unusual by making sweeter versions of it like Jowar and Pear Appam and adding elaichi powder to it for a unique taste.
Jowar and Pear Appam Healthy South Indian Snack
Look here for cardamom recipes.
Try our other Indian Elaichi Powder Recipes. Scroll Down below for more!