traditional Indian rice recipes | Bhaat Recipes | Biryani Recipes |
Traditional Indian rice recipes | Bhaat Recipes | Biryani Recipes | Nothing short of treasures, these classic rice recipes have been cooked in our country since time immemorial.
Green Pea Pulao with Paneer Koftas
While everyone has their favourite version, here we present the most commonly-practiced ways of preparing traditional rice delicacies like Vegetable Biryani , Gatte ka Pulao , Curd Rice , etc.
We have a collection of traditional Indian rice, biryani recipes from North Indian traditional rice, South Indian traditional rice, East and West India traditional rice and traditional party biryani to choose from. So go ahead and make your traditional Indian rice today!
Mughlai Vegetable Biryani Recipe
North Indian traditional rice, biryani
1. Lajjatdar Handi Biryani simple process of sealing the lid with chapati dough and allowing the ingredients to cook within a covered environment makes all the difference.
Lajjatdar Handi Biryani
2. Kabuli Chana Kofta Biryani a royal treat that pampers you with every mouthful! Perfectly cooked long-grained rice is layered with a richly flavoured tomato gravy.
Kabuli Chana Kofta Biryani
3. Saffron Rice flavoured aesthetically with saffron and rose water, and perked up with an assortment of dried fruits and nuts.
Saffron Rice, Kesar Chawal
4. Chana Dal Aur Gur Chawal spicy chana dal served with aromatic jaggery-sweetened rice.
Chana Dal Aur Gur Chawal
5. Gatte ka Pulao bengal gram is used to make rotis, gatta, mithai and also as a thickening agent for kadhi.
Gatte ka Pulao, Rajasthani Gatte Ka Pulao
South Indian traditional rice, bhaat
1. Tangy Kachi Keri Rice prepared in South Indian homes at least once a week when the mango season is on.
Tangy Kachi Keri Rice
2. Bisi Bele Bhaat a traditional spicy rice dish from Karnataka is quite addictive – served piping hot topped with lots of ghee and accompanied by fried papads and a cool raita.
Bisi Bele Bhaat
3. Curd Rice a very simple dish made using the most basic ingredients, curd and rice with an authentic South-Indian tempering.
Ven Pongal a unique flavour and consistency, which are rich yet soothing.
4. Hyderabadi Sofiyani Biryani hot and spicy dimensions, which make it a dashing treat for your taste buds.
Hyderabadi Sofiyani Biryani
East and west India traditional rice
1. Masala Bhaat a famous delicacy from west of India made in most Maharashtrian homes quite frequently.
2. Moong Dal Khichdi very popular as a comfort food. It is sure to soothe you and make you feel better when you are off colour.
Moong Dal Khichdi
3. Varan Bhaat a famous Maharashtrian dish of steaming hot rice topped with ghee and lentil curry.
4. Bengali Style Brown Rice Khichdi this is one dish that manages to always warm the soul as well as satisfy the tummy!
Bengali Style Brown Rice Khichdi, Low Salt Recipe
Traditional party biryani, rice recipes
Parties where there is a mix crowd of young and old these traditional rice recipes are life savers.
1. Vegetable Biryani a rice based one-pot meal dish, which is inherited from India, traces and origin of Biryani are from Hyderabad.
Veg Hyderabadi Biryani
2. Restaurant Style Jeera Rice a flavour-packed rice preparation with the enticing and appetizing aroma of jeera. Made with minimal ingredients.
Jeera Rice, Quick Jeera Rice Recipe
3. Rajma Chawal one of the most popular dishes in North India from Punjab.
Rajma Chawal, Punjabi Rajma Chawal
4. Masoor and Tomato Biryani flavours mingle and multiply to drape the rice with a magical aroma that is irresistible.
Masoor and Tomato Biryani
5. Lahsuni Palak Chawal quick rice dish to make. lahsuni palak chawal is derived from North India and is also a very famous recipe there.
Lahsuni Palak Chawal
6. Vegetables Pulao with Coconut Curry appetizing dish, and you just cannot resist savouring it with an innovative presentation and what a fantastic flavour!
Vegetables Pulao with Coconut Curry
Enjoy our traditional Indian rice recipes | Bhaat Recipes | Biryani Recipes | and other Rice Based Recipe articles below.
53 Biryanis Recipes
102 Khichdi Recipe
43 Low Cal Rice Recipe
215 Pulao Recipes
98 Quick Rice Recipes
88 International Favourites Recipes
16 Jain Rice Recipes
6 Soya Based Rice Recipes