Obesity has become so prevalent among the elderly population due to increasing sedentary lifestyle as well as lack of exercise. Being obese can lead to issues such as joint pain, diabetes, hypertension and heart disease. Therefore if you feel like you are obese, it is time to change your lifestyle which includes a healthy diet and routine exercise (Practice exercises under expert supervision only).
Keep these handy tips in mind to achieve weight loss
1) Keep an eye on the portion size and consume small meals in 2-3 hours gap instead of consuming 3 large meals.
2) Stay hydrated by drinking atleast 2 litres of water a day. Whenever you feel hungry, try drinking a glass of water. This will help you eat less than usual and will keep you hydrated.
3) Replace unhealthy fats like butter, margarine which contain high amount of saturated fats to healthy ones such as olive oil, rice bran oil.
4) Instead of eating refined products such as white bread, pasta, white rice, try high fiber options occasionally like whole wheat bread, brown rice. Completely eliminate products made from maida like biscuits, pizzas, burgers, cakes, puffs. Try Fenugreek and Mushroom Brown Rice
5) Low GI (Glycemic Index) fruits can be consumed such as orange, apples, pears as a snack in their whole form along with the fiber which helps you keep full and will add much needed nutrients and antioxidants to your diet.
6) Include whole grain cereals and pulses such as oats, jowar, nachni, rajma, chawli, black chana which include lot of fiber which ensures you stay full for a long time and will keep cravings at bay. Try Bajra and Cauliflower Roti
7) A handful of sprouts will help you add that necessary fiber to your diet. Check out the recipe of Mixed Sprouts and Palak Subzi
8) Consume colourful vegetables rich in fiber and anti-oxidants such as cucumber, carrot, spinach, fenugreek and tomatoes. Try Cucumber Cooler and Palak Kadhi
Senior Citizen Easy to Chew
Senior Citizen Easy to Swallow
Senior Citizen Healthy Heart, Low Cholesterol
Senior Citizen Indian
Senior Citizen Iron Rich
Senior Citizen Osteoporosis Calcium Rich
Senior Citizen Quick
Senior Citizen Rice
Senior Citizen Soup
Senior Citizen Vegetable
Senior Citizens Diabetes