Zero Oil Recipes, Oil free Indian Recipes
Are you trying to lose weight? Did you ever think that you could make your favourite recipes without oil? Well, here’s a good news for you. We have a whole lot of section which includes recipes that are oil free.
Moong Dal and Suva Subzi
Our “no oil recipes” are ideal for people who are trying to lose weight or for those who are on a low fat diet due to various health reasons.
Moreover we have not just eliminated oil from the recipes but also given them a healthy touch by adding ingredients like brown rice instead of white rice, whole wheat flour instead of maida and so on.
7 different sections in our Zero Oil Recipe category
1. Zero Oil Rice/Biryani/Pulao – This section includes traditional tasty recipes of different types of Rice, Biryani and Pulao made without oil. If you are on a weight loss diet and craving for biryani then Paneer Mutter Biryani is a delicious oil free and low fat recipe which is made using low fat paneer and milk to add to the nutritional value. Palak Kofta Rice is another option as the koftas are steamed instead of deep frying which will not only make them healthy but also soft that they melt in your mouth.
Paneer Mutter Biryani
2. Oil Free Rotis and Parathas – You can select from a range of Rotis and Parathas to suit your palate and mood. Ragi Roti is a great recipe to eat as it is loaded with nutrients and is made healthier by using low fat curds. Tandoori paratha is a healthy alternative to regular paratha, as it is loaded with the goodness of vegetables and low fat curds.
3. No Oil Dals and Kadhis – Have you ever tried loading your dal with different vegetables? If not then try making Darbari Dal which is healthy yet yummy version of darbari dal made using a combination of dals and replaces fat rich coconut with veggies.
Ever heard of a kadhi that’s green in colour? Palak Kadhi is a healthful recipe which may sound strange but it tastes as good just as the way it looks. Palak puree in it will add a bright green colour along with some vitamin A to the recipe.
4. Zero Oil Salads – Salads are usually healthy which may become unhealthy if fatty/oil containing dressings are used. Avoiding oily and creamy dressings will make your salad fat free too.
You can make your salads healthier by adding a combination of fruits, vegetables and pulses and sprouts too. Carrot Cucumber and Rajma Salad is one of the examples where Rajma is also used along with healthy mint dressing.
Carrot Cucumber and Rajma Salad in Mint Dressing
5. Oil Free Snacks – What comes to your mind when you hear the word “Snacks”? You must be thinking about those deep fried items which loaded with ghee or sugar. Our section on zero oil snacks offers a range of recipes that are made without oil or any other fat.
You can make a healthier version of momos using wheat flour instead of refined maida for the covering. Healthy Momos can be made using a healthy mix of vegetables and sprouts to add on to the nutritional value.
6. No Oil Subzis – Ever wondered that you could make subzis without using oil, ghee or butter? We have a wide range of zero oil versions of recipes from different states of India. Kofta Makhani, Spicy Broccoli Subzi is a wonderful healthy oil free recipe which uses a variety of vegetables and the koftas are steamed instead of being deep fried. This recipe is also rich in Vitamin A and calcium. Subzi Pasanda is another healthy recipe in which cashew paste is replaced by cauliflower and onion paste.
Spicy Broccoli Subzi
7. Zero Oil Soups – Soups are considered healthy but some soups may have hidden fats like cream, milk, butter, fried noodles etc. Try to avoid making soups with these ingredients as they add a lot of fat to them.
Carrot and Onion Soup is a low calorie healthy recipe made with low fat milk which adds to its nutritional value. Soups can also be made using dals and lentils, one such example is Hearty Red Lentil Soup made using low fat milk.
Hearty Red Lentil Soup, Healthy Masoor Dal Soup
Why we all need a bit of Oil in our daily diet?
When we think of weight, what comes to our mind first is to avoid fats completely. What we don’t realise is that by eliminating oil completely, we not only miss out on our favourite dishes, but also lose the nutrient value that fats and oil have to offer!
You will be surprised to know that fats and oil are actually good sources of energy and aid absorption of fat-soluble vitamins like A, Vitamin E, D and Vitamin K as well as provide lubrication to the joints.
Veg Raita, Mixed Vegetable Raita
Hence removing these drastically from our diet not only makes us fall prey to various vitamin and mineral deficiencies but also invites digestive problems, joint pains etc.
Nutritionists and health experts, thus advise people to consume 3-4 teaspoons of oil per day.
The idea behind bringing out this section is to not to not make each meal oil free, rather, of the 4-6 meals you consume every day, ensure that one or two comprise of zero oil recipes, then which meal to make zero oil is absolutely your choice.
Find great choices for zero oil roti, subzis, dal, chawal, soups, salads and snacks here in.
We hope you enjoy our other Oil Free Sections listed below.
Zero Oil Rice / Biryani / Pulao Recipes
Zero Oil Rotis and Parathas Recipes
Zero Oil Dals, Kadhis Recipes
Zero Oil International Recipes
Zero Oil Salads Recipes
Zero Oil Snacks Recipes
Zero Oil Soups Recipes
Zero Oil Subzis Recipes