This category has been viewed 1009154 times
Healthy Recipes >
Low Calorie, Weight Loss recipes
Last Updated : Mar 20,2018
Many would agree that the most difficult aspect of weight-loss is dealing with the misconceptions! How does one filter the good advice from the bad, the practical suggestions from the impractical ones! Swimming headlong into the world of dieting without arming themselves with the right information, people often end up going overboard with their weight-loss measures. They strictly avoid their favourite dishes, go on crash diets, and end up spoiling their health and appetite in the long run!
8 Tips to Follow a Low Calorie Veg Diet
1. Adopt healthy lifestyle practices, and cook and eat smart.
2. Eat coloured fruits and vegetables. They are loaded with Antioxidants and loads of disease fighting properties.
3. Exercise daily. That is a must. You must try and pick up a sport you love or try and exercise with friends. Yes, use the Gym also even if you are 70 years old.
4. Modify the recipes by replacing the high-calorie ingredients with low-calorie ones! Note if you are fit and lean, the you can have healthy high fat food. It will keep you feeling fuller and satisfied for a longer time. So you can opt for full fat paneer or curd.
5. Do not completely abstain from oils, dairy products etc. will lead to various deficiencies and diseases in the long run. Instead choose it wisely. Opt for olive oil as much as possible a it is good in Omega 3 fatty acids and choose Paneer over cheese always.
6. Eat small frequent meals every 2 to 3 hours. Thats a must. If you are working keeps some healthy snacks by your side or carry them if you are out of the house for a long time.
7. Try and get some Protein, Fat, Carbs in all your meals. For Vegetarians, have your dal, paneer, curd to top of your protein.
8. Homemade food is the best and the healthiest. Cook your food and you know what you are putting into it. Avoid deep frying your food and stay away from packaged food which will solve 80% of your problems. Importantly, cut sugar consumption as it causes immediately inflammation in your body which can last for 4 to 6 hours and stores as fat immediately. Watch out for soft drinks, candy, chocolates etc.
This section includes newer and more innovative recipes. It has variants of traditional dishes as well as new ones, covering the whole gamut of the meal spread, ranging from soups and snacks to desserts. Try out recipes such as Bajra Whole Moong and Green Pea Khichdi, Almond Bread, Baked Oats Puri, Carrot Garlic Chutney, Eggless Chocolate Pudding and so on, and feel free to experiment on your own too.
Plan your balanced meals from these recipes, which are 'smart' rather than just low-cal, and enjoy good health!
Stay fit, stay slim! Wish you a happy and healthy cooking experience.
07 Jan 14
Broccoli Paneer Sabzi by gati nupur
A delicious combination of healthy broccoli and paneer made into a flavourful vegetable.
06 Jun 13
Dosakaya Pachadi by vedagiri v
Dosakayi is a yellow indian curry cucumber, has sweet taste and neutral flavor. It is used extensively in the preparation of stews and curries, particularly during the summer season in southern parts of india and sri lanka. Best served with hot steamed rice and ghee to add to taste. Can be also serv ....
30 Dec 12
12 Oct 16
Almond Berry and Coconut Cake, For Fitness and Weight Loss by Tarla Dalal
The Almond, Berry and Coconut Cake is a dashing treat for the palate, with its melt-in-the-mouth texture and splendid flavour. This unique cake is made with almond flour, coconut, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and honey, unlike run-of-the-mill cakes that are made with maida and sugar.
Your body ....
14 Mar 18
Almond Bhakri, Gluten Free Almond Bhakri by Tarla Dalal
For many, the aroma of bhakri cooking on the tawa is reminiscent of home-cooked food! Here, we introduce you to a totally off-beat Almond Bhakri. As you will surmise from the name, the Almond Bhakri is quite a rich treat, but it is healthy and gluten-free too, so anybody can go for it.
14 Mar 18
20 Sep 16
Almond Flax Bread with Eggs, Gluten Free by Tarla Dalal
A loaf without wheat? Unbelievable but true, and absolutely awesome too. Behold the Almond Flax Bread with Eggs. This is a really unique snack, which tastes great and is chock-full of good health too.
It is gluten-free, which means that even gluten-sensitive people can enjoy it. Rich in protei ....
11 Jan 12
Anti Cholesterol Shake by Tarla Dalal
A combination of orange, papaya and banana blended together to make a filling drink that beats cholesterol! This unusual combination of fruits is rich in potassium, vitamin C and fibre. Banana is an excellent source of potassium, the deficiency of which is associated with the change in the normal ....
16 May 08
17 Nov 10
Apple Crumble by Tarla Dalal
Apple Crumble... that’s a delicacy our hearts would crumble at the sight of. The fruity aroma of stewed apples together with the intense aroma of cinnamon makes one feel giddy with delight. If this indulgence has been banned from your menu, as it is laden with refined flour, butter, sugar and other ....
04 Jun 17
Apple Cucumber Parsley Infused Water by Tarla Dalal
Apple Cucumber Parsley Infused Water will curb your appetite. Try this unique flavorful blend of detox water as the blend of parsley and cucumber will help in flushing out the harmful toxins from your body and provide you a healthier skin.
Fruit Infuser Water Bottles are easily available all over ....
23 Nov 15
Apple Rolls with Vanilla Cream by Tarla Dalal
Apple rolls, a healthier version of apple pie that is so flavourful when served with vanilla cream, the little effort that goes into this will earn you multiple times more praise! The dough has been prepared with whole wheat flour that enhances the fibre content.
17 Nov 10
Asparagus Soup by Tarla Dalal
A soothing soup of onions, potatoes and asparagus fortified with nutritious vegetable stock, the Asparagus Soup has a very creamy feel about it, thanks to being boiled with low-fat milk. Asparagus is a great soup ingredient as it is a low-calorie vegetable with a good amount of fibre, which helps to ....
18 Jun 16
Baitha Varan by Tarla Dalal
The green paste gives this otherwise simple dish a complete makeover! It increases the vitamin A content, while the vegetables add fibre. Vitamin A increases immunity and also nourishes our skin and improves vision. Despite the interesting flavour and health benefits, this dish is surprisingly easy ....
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.