This category has been viewed 1006075 times
Healthy Recipes >
Low Calorie, Weight Loss recipes
Last Updated : Feb 22,2018
Many would agree that the most difficult aspect of weight-loss is dealing with the misconceptions! How does one filter the good advice from the bad, the practical suggestions from the impractical ones! Swimming headlong into the world of dieting without arming themselves with the right information, people often end up going overboard with their weight-loss measures. They strictly avoid their favourite dishes, go on crash diets, and end up spoiling their health and appetite in the long run!
8 Tips to Follow a Low Calorie Veg Diet
1. Adopt healthy lifestyle practices, and cook and eat smart.
2. Eat coloured fruits and vegetables. They are loaded with Antioxidants and loads of disease fighting properties.
3. Exercise daily. That is a must. You must try and pick up a sport you love or try and exercise with friends. Yes, use the Gym also even if you are 70 years old.
4. Modify the recipes by replacing the high-calorie ingredients with low-calorie ones! Note if you are fit and lean, the you can have healthy high fat food. It will keep you feeling fuller and satisfied for a longer time. So you can opt for full fat paneer or curd.
5. Do not completely abstain from oils, dairy products etc. will lead to various deficiencies and diseases in the long run. Instead choose it wisely. Opt for olive oil as much as possible a it is good in Omega 3 fatty acids and choose Paneer over cheese always.
6. Eat small frequent meals every 2 to 3 hours. Thats a must. If you are working keeps some healthy snacks by your side or carry them if you are out of the house for a long time.
7. Try and get some Protein, Fat, Carbs in all your meals. For Vegetarians, have your dal, paneer, curd to top of your protein.
8. Homemade food is the best and the healthiest. Cook your food and you know what you are putting into it. Avoid deep frying your food and stay away from packaged food which will solve 80% of your problems. Importantly, cut sugar consumption as it causes immediately inflammation in your body which can last for 4 to 6 hours and stores as fat immediately. Watch out for soft drinks, candy, chocolates etc.
This section includes newer and more innovative recipes. It has variants of traditional dishes as well as new ones, covering the whole gamut of the meal spread, ranging from soups and snacks to desserts. Try out recipes such as Bajra Whole Moong and Green Pea Khichdi, Almond Bread, Baked Oats Puri, Carrot Garlic Chutney, Eggless Chocolate Pudding and so on, and feel free to experiment on your own too.
Plan your balanced meals from these recipes, which are 'smart' rather than just low-cal, and enjoy good health!
Stay fit, stay slim! Wish you a happy and healthy cooking experience.
10 Oct 14
Bajra, Whole Moong and Green Pea Khichdi by Tarla Dalal
You must have heard of Bajra Khichdi, a famous Rajasthani delicacy. While that is a wholesome dish, here is something even more nourishing, fortified with more healthy stuff like whole moong, green peas and tomatoes. These not only add more crunch and tang to the khichdi, but also add more fibre, ir ....
04 Jun 17
Minty Guava Infused Water by Tarla Dalal
Minty Guava Infused Water will provide you the necessary boost after a hectic day at work. The blend of mint and guava will work wonders for you. Sip on this flavored water to feel refreshed.
Fruit Infuser Water Bottles are easily available all over India, in online shops as well as the home nee ....
14 Mar 18
Garlicky Lentil and Tomato Soup by Tarla Dalal
This unusual soup has been prepared from masoor dal, which is known for being rich in protein and zinc. Tomatoes give it a lovely red tinge whereas onions and garlic impart an enticing aroma. I’ve blended this soup to give it a nice creamy texture without actually adding cream! It’s a great soup, wh ....
10 Mar 18
Sambhar by Tarla Dalal
The aromatic flavours of this traditional South Indian dish are truly irresistible. The speciality of this sambhar is that it is made with minimal oil and loads of vegetables which enhance its nutritive value. When served hot with Nutritious Stuffed Idlis, it makes a meal that is very hard to resi ....
07 Mar 18
Barley Khichdi by Tarla Dalal
Ever thought of making a khichdi with barley? Try it once, and you will want to keep repeating this masterpiece in your kitchen. Made of barley and a horde of veggies, this tasty dish is colourful and attractive.
An exotic combination of veggies gives it a nice juicy crunch, while everyday ing ....
26 Nov 13
Vegetable Oats Pancake by Tarla Dalal
Oats can be used to make more than just porridge! mix them with carrots and spinach to prepare these colourful, low calorie pancakes that are as nutritious as well as innovative. Oats are rich in the beta-glucan enzyme which helps to lower blood cholesterol and glucose levels, while carrots and spin ....
30 Jun 17
23 Sep 13
Nachni and Onion Roti by Tarla Dalal
Many consider red millet as an ideal food not just for elders but for growing kids too. It has a very balanced set of nutrients, and if prepared well it is very tasty too! the nachni and onion roti is an intelligent way of incorporating ragi in your diet in a way that appeals to all. Flavoured aptly ....
14 Mar 18
Homemade Peanut Butter, for Weight Loss and Athletes by Tarla Dalal
Deliciously luscious peanut butter made at home with unsalted peanuts is a great source of monounsaturated healthy fats. Yes, that means it is actually good for you! Peanut butter is also a good source of protein. Coconut oil, added to the peanut butter to get a nice nutty taste, gives you healthy f ....
17 Nov 10
Buckwheat Dhoklas by Tarla Dalal
Snacks don't always have to be fat traps! plant chemicals found in buckwheat help maintain blood flow and prevent fatty clot formation, while isoflavones in soya curds keep blood cholesterol levels under check.
23 Nov 15
Pumpkin Soup ( Low Calorie Healthy Cooking ) by Tarla Dalal
You would never have imagined the possibility of preparing such a creamy and luxuriant soup at such a low-calorie count! Thickened with a mixture of low-fat milk, this Pumpkin Soup eliminates the need for cream but retains the classic creaminess. A real treat for pumpkin lovers, this delicious soup ....
18 Oct 10
Carrot Methi Subzi ( Vitamin A and Vitamin C Rich Recipe ) by Tarla Dalal
Carrots are one of the richest sources of carotenoids after fruits like mangoes and papaya. Fenugreek too is high in antioxidants, vitamin a and c. A great recipe that boosts immunity, eat this often for a stronger you. Tastes delicious when served hot with phulkas and curd.
16 May 08
Low Fat Paneer ( How To Make Low Fat Paneer) by Tarla Dalal
Low fat paneer made from low fat milk and low fat curds contains more protein and calcium than full fat paneer. This recipe yields 1 cup of grated, crumbled or cubed paneer. Using curds instead of lemon juice not only gives more amount of paneer comparatively but also renders it soft. Use freshly ma ....
Beetroot, Peppers, Carrot Healthy Salad for Work by Tarla Dalal
A splash of colours and vibrant flavours, this salad is a real delight to munch on. Enjoyed as a lunch in the afternoon, it is sure to reboot your day and make you feel positively charged!
The Beetroot, Peppers, Carroty Healthy Salad for Work is loaded with multi-textured ingredients with awesom ....
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.