This category has been viewed 3134 times
Healthy Recipes > Forever Young Diet >
Recipes for bright vision recipes
Last Updated : May 16,2018
FOR BRIGHT VISION
Bright, sparkling eyes with a clear vision say so much for our youthful looks, besides being a big asset in leading an active life. Vision health benefits from good nutrition and regular exercise regime.
• Topping the list of necessary nutrients is Vitamin A. A sure way of getting an adequate supply of this vitamin is by consuming enough fruits and vegetables containing beta-carotene, which gets converted into ‘retinal’, a form of vitamin A. A combination of retinal and a protein called ‘opsin’ produces ‘rhodopsin’, a major pigment in the retina of the eye that contributes to good vision. Vitamin A is also a strong antioxidant and does away with the by-products of oxygen that damage the eye.
• To help vitamin A in its functions and also to keep the eye muscles working at their best, we need a good amount of proteins.
• Though vision is created when light enters our eyes, this same light produces some chemicals that could damage the eye. What protects our eyes from such damage is Vitamin C.
• Inclusion of the B-Complex range of vitamins in our diet will ensure that the eyes function in a healthy manner. B-complex vitamins also keep the skin around the eyes smooth and supple, so that there are no give-away signs of ageing, like crows feet.
• Vitamin E allows the eyes to focus more readily and with less effort. It helps form new blood vessels and cuts down the risk of suffering from eye disorders.
• Among the minerals, Iron plays an important role in the circulation of blood to the eye tissues. A lack of iron will cause tiredness and lethargy, which readily shows in the eyes and will take away that youthful look.
• Zinc protects the eyes from infections.
• Selenium, an antioxidant, prevents the eye tissues from getting damaged.
That’s surely a lot of nutrients that our eyes need! Well, they are, after all, our windows to the world, so nothing is too much for keeping them lively, bright and healthy. Of course, you don’t have to worry about where you will get all these nutrients if you just follow these simple, easy-to-cook recipes.
Other similar Articles you might like:
Forever Young Diet Recipes
Recipes for glowing skin
Recipes for beautiul hair
Recipes for Increasing immunity
11 Nov 08
Chawli Masoor Dal by Tarla Dalal
An all-time favourite, this recipe combines chawli leaves with wholesome masoor dal and a flavourful masala paste to make a dish that surely wins the diner’s heart! Apart from the irresistible taste, there are many more reasons that make the Chawli Masoor Dal a must-have, especially during pregnancy ....
26 Mar 18
21 Jun 18
Buckwheat Dosa by Tarla Dalal
Um, you feel like having dosa today but no fermented batter on hand? Not to worry! Here is an easy and instant dosa prepared with buckwheat and urad dal. The twist here is that the ingredients are powdered, tempered and then mixed into a batter, which can be cooked immediately into yummy dosas. Serv ....
Carrot Cucumber and Rajma Salad in Mint Dressing by Tarla Dalal
A light salad loaded with vitamin A from carrot and mint together with protein-rich rajma too, the Carrot, Cucumber, Rajma Salad in Mint Dressing is a treat to your taste buds and eyes, in more ways than one. Not only is the salad beautiful to behold, it also provides excellent nourishment for your ....
25 Jun 18
Homemade Peanut Butter, for Weight Loss and Athletes by Tarla Dalal
Deliciously luscious peanut butter made at home with unsalted peanuts is a great source of monounsaturated healthy fats. Yes, that means it is actually good for you! Peanut butter is also a good source of protein. Coconut oil, added to the peanut butter to get a nice nutty taste, gives you healthy f ....
05 Apr 18
Carrot Methi Subzi ( Vitamin A and Vitamin C Rich Recipe ) by Tarla Dalal
Carrots are one of the richest sources of carotenoids after fruits like mangoes and papaya. Fenugreek too is high in antioxidants, vitamin a and c. A great recipe that boosts immunity, eat this often for a stronger you. Tastes delicious when served hot with phulkas and curd.
05 May 18
Spinach and Mint Juice ( Healthy Juice) by Tarla Dalal
Here is a cool and healthy cleanser to start your day with. The lemon in this dark green juice helps to retain the colour and enhance the absorption of iron in it.
The greens and the jal jeera powder together are ideal for stimulating the digestive system and replacing the lost minerals. Digest ....
31 May 18
Lauki ka Raita, Protein Rich Recipe by Tarla Dalal
Revel in the cooling effect and goodness of doodhi and protein-rich curds, in one single dish! While you might worry that using doodhi alone might result in a mushy raita, some smart moves make this version a lot more exciting.
Onions, green chillies and ginger are cooked along with the doodhi t ....
28 May 18
Vegan Healthy Lunch Salad, Office Salad by Tarla Dalal
Break away from carrying conventional lunches to work, and go for some healthy salads instead! A lunch salad is not only crunchy and tasty but also very satiating – to be a meal by itself.
You can carry the salad and dressing separately and toss them together just before eating your lunch. This ....
21 Jun 18
Mixed Veggie Raita by Tarla Dalal
This hearty curd preparation is filled with colour, flavour and nutritional goodness. The low fat curds provide the much needed essential nutrients like calcium and protein. Serve chilled to relish all the flavours.
Grilled Zucchini and Carrots by Tarla Dalal
Hungry kya? Try this instant snack instead of reaching out to junk foods. Grilled Zucchini and Carrots is an elegantly flavoured and healthy snack that cooks instantly.
A simple snack of veggies drizzled with olive oil and seasoned with sea-salt and pepper, this is a good way to benefit from the ....
Carrot Methi Subzi ( Delicious Diabetic Recipe) by Tarla Dalal
This is a great combination of textures and fragrant, spicy flavours that has the added advantage of being quick to make. Enriched with vitamin A, iron and fibre, it is nutritious too.
12 Apr 15
Gehun ki Bikaneri Khichdi ( Diabetic Recipe) by Tarla Dalal
Inspired by heart-warming Rajasthani Cuisine, Gehun ki Bikaneri Khichdi is a whole wheat khichdi that is sumptuous and tasty enough to make a complete meal. Replacing rice with whole wheat enhances the fibre and iron content of this recipe, while the use of equal amounts of ghee and oil gives it a t ....
31 May 18
Masala Chickpeas, Kabuli Chana Tea Time Snack by Tarla Dalal
Enhance your tea-time with this scrumptious snack of par-boiled chickpeas cooked in olive oil with tongue-tickling spice powders.
The combination of spices used to make the Masala Chickpeas guarantees a super wild time, what with garlic powder, chaat masala, and more such mouth-watering stuff.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.