Gluten Free Indian Desserts
Bid adieu to desserts made using plain flour and other wheat-based products, and welcome into your home other mouth-watering, gluten-free desserts! From ice-creams and cakes to Indian mithai like laddoos and halwas, this section has easy and tasty recipes that will make you drool!
Besan Laddoo ( Microwave Recipe)
Gluten Free Halwa Recipes
Those Halwas with cornflour have been excluded for you.
1. Our gajar ka halwa with khoya is a Punjabi carrot halwa recipe. Many a shortcut there might be, but sometimes the traditional method of making a mithai yields the richest taste! This authentic recipe of authentic gajar ka halwa proves that!
Gajar ka Halwa
2. Anjeer Halwa : Richness personified, the Anjeer Halwa is a really striking dessert made of puréed figs, powdered almonds and milk powdered, cooked with ghee and a little bit of sugar to add to the natural sweetness of figs.
3. Doodhi Halwa : A traditional mithai that everybody has a reason to like—some for the taste, some for the goodness of doodhi and milk, and some for the warm feeling it instils on a rainy day!
Lauki Halwa, Doodhi Halwa
Gluten Free Indian Ice Creams
Many ice creams are made of cornflour like Tender Coconut Ice Cream and Banan Butter Scotch Ice Cream which you have to avoid as there may be cross contamination in the place it is manufactured.
Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream
We have seasonal ice-creams like Mango Ice Cream and Strawberry Ice Cream.
1. gluten free Rich Vanilla ice cream : Homemade ice-creams, which are made with milk and corn flour, usually have a slightly icy texture, quite different from the creamy commercial ice-creams. Try this Rich Vanilla Ice-Cream made with fresh cream and milk, and you will not be able to tell the difference between this and store-bought vanilla ice-cream.
Rich Vanilla Ice-cream
2. When the King of Fruits is in season, this Mango Ice-Cream recipe gives you one more way to enjoy its amazing flavour.
Although the key ingredient here is alphonso mango, it is balanced properly with the required quantity of condensed milk so that the mango flavour is clearly noticeable but not overpowering.
Fresh Mango Ice Cream
Gluten Free Chocolate Based Recipes
Our favourite is the super healthy Low Carb Chcoclate Squares made with a touch of magical sea salt. Yes, it tastes great. Then there is a lovely Chocolate Pie.
Chocolate Chiffon Pie ( Eggless Desserts Recipe)
1. gluten fee jowar chocolate sponge cake | gluten free Indian jowar chocolate sponge cake | with step by step images. Here is a gluten fee jowar chocolate sponge cake made for Indian’s where we have replaced maida and wheat based products with jowar flour.
This gluten fee jowar chocolate sponge cake is perfect for those sugaring from wheat allergy, celiac or gluten intolerance.
Gluten- Free Chocolate Sponge Cake
What Indian Desserts to avoid
Sadly you will not be able to have Rasgulla as it has cornflur. Crepes are out as they also contain cornflour. Basic Chocolate Sponge cake is also a no.
Enjoy our Gluten Free Indian Dessert Recipes and other gluten free article below.
gluten free Indian recipes
gluten free Indian breakfast recipes
gluten free Indian dessert recipes
gluten free Indian recipes for kids
gluten free Indian snack recipes
gluten free Indian paratha recipes
gluten free Indian bread, roti recipes