Rasgulla Video Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 99049 times
This is one sweet the bengalis cannot live without, and you too are sure to fall in love with it once you taste these super-soft, milk-white rasgullas. Remember that everything matters in the making of perfect rasgullas -- from the amount of lemon juice used and the lump-free kneading of the chenna, to the consistency of the sugar water. So, follow instructions perfectly and you will end up with praise-worthy rasgullas. Once you get the hang of it, it becomes quite easy and you will be game to make it very frequently!
Recipe Description for Rasgulla ( Quick Recipe)
- Combine the cow’s milk and buffalo’s milk in a broad and deep non-stick pan and bring to a boil.
- Switch of the flame and wait for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the lemon juice gradually and keep stirring gently.
- Allow it to stand for ½ minute to curdle. It is completely curdled, when the chenna and the whey (greenish water) separate out.
- Strain using a muslin cloth. Discard or store the whey.
- Place the muslin cloth with the chenna in a bowl of fresh water and wash it 2 to 3 times.
- Tie and hang for 30 minutes for the extra water to drain out.
- Put 5 cups of water in a steamer or a pressure cooker, add the sugar and bring to a boil, while stirring occasionally so that the sugar dissolves completely.
- Meanwhile, squeeze the muslin cloth to drain any more water remaining.
- Place the muslin cloth on a flat plate, open it and knead the chenna very well using your palms for 3 to 4 minutes or till the chenna is smooth and free of lumps.
- Divide the chenna into 16 equal portions and roll each portion into small balls between your palms.
- Put the chenna balls into the sugar water and cover and steam for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and allow it to stand in the steamer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove gently into a bowl, refrigerate and serve chilled.
- If buffalo’s milk is not available you can make the recipe using 5 cups of cow’s milk.
See step by step images of Rasgulla ( Quick Recipe)
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.