Rangoon Na Vaal ( Know Your Dals and Pulses )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24113 times
Made using big rangoon vaal beans, there is only one word to describe the look, feel and taste of this ‘khatta meetha’ dish – yummy!
- Clean, wash and soak the rangoon vaal in enough water overnight.
- Drain, add the soda-bi-carb and 1 1\2 cups of water to cover the vaal and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the carom seeds, asafoetida, chilli powder and turmeric powder and sauté for a few minutes
- Add the cooked rangoon vaal, 1 cup of water, jaggery, tamarind pulp and salt, mix well and simmer for 7 to 8 minutes, stirring once in between. Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||67.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.