Rajma Vada with Chinese Twists
by Surekha Parekh
This recipe has been viewed 5342 times
We make Dal Vadas regularly at home. One day I planned to make Rajma vadas, and it turned out to be a very tasty and healthy food for my family. I gave it a Chinese twist and everyone just loved my new innovation.
- Soak the rajma for 5 hours. and chana dal for 4 hours. Drain and blend in a mixer into a smooth paste.
- Transfer the rajma and chana dal mixture into a deep bowl. Add the green chillies, ginger,onion, coriander, red chilli powder, garam masala, 1 tbsp of oil and salt. Mix well.
- Divide the vada mixture into equal portions and shape each portion into flat vadas.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry, a few vadas at a time on a medium flame, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a kadai and saute garlic and onions. Add green garlic, cabbage, carrot, capsicum and sauté high flame for one minute.
- Add soya sauce, chilli sauce and tomato ketchup and cook on a high flame for two minutes.
- Add salt, sugar and mix well and cook on a high flame for 30 seconds.
- Just before serving add the rajma vadas to the hot gravy and serve immediately in the noodle baskets garnished with spring onion greens.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
This recipe was contributed by Surekha Parekh on 16 Apr 2016
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.