Rajma Cheese Parathas ( Calcium Rich)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 240 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30213 times
Serve these all-in-one parathas to your little one for lunch or when they come home hungry from school. They are very easy and taste great.
- Combine all the ingredients and knead into a semi- soft dough using enough water.
- Allow the dough to rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the mashed rajma, salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander, coriander-cumin seeds powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the curds, mix well and cook on a slow flame for another 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Divide the stuffing into 3 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a 200 mm. (8") diameter circle.
- Cook each chapati lightly on both the sides on a hot tava (griddle) and keep aside.
- Place a chapati on a flat , dry surface.
- Place a potion of the mixture in the centre, sprinkle 2 tbsp cheese over it and fold 2 opposite corners of the chapati over the filling, overlapping them slightly. Now fold the remaining 2 sides to seal the stuffing well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the envelope, using oil, till they are golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining chapati and stir-fry to make 2 more envelopes.
- Serve immediately.
Rajma Cheese Parathas Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.